Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to get my hair to hold a curl?

I have longish hair that it very thick and pin-straight and flat down to my ears where it starts forming soft waves and gets kinda bushy and frizzes at the ends. It's of medium texture, not coarse but not super soft either. It's cut into a sort of shag that's layered all different lengths all over with the shortest layer at my chin. For some reason, it doesn't hold a curl. I have tried curling irons, hot rollers, regular rollers, putting it up in little buns, curling it when it's not washed, all to no avail. When I use a curling iron I spray it with good quality hairspray first and then curl it (I've tried all different sized barrel curling irons). I get a decent curl for about two minutes and the it starts falling out until I just get sort of a weird flip at the end. In the mean time I don't touch it or anything, it just does it by itself. I've tried both rolling my hair with the curling iron and winding my hair around the barrel. Both produce the same result. I've also tried using a flat iron to curl it with worse results than the curling iron.





Same thing with any kind of rollers, even if I sleep in them.





I scrunch my hair to bring out the waves all the time but this gives more of a messy wavy look than a good curl. (By the way, for some reason with me, scrunching my hair with a diffuser makes the wave fall out rather than adding to it. Anyone know why that is?)





Anyone know why this is? Or good ways to curl stubborn hair lol :)How to get my hair to hold a curl?
after you wet your hair , let your hair dry.....get a small section of hair at a time and use a curling iron, curl your hair then use a grandma roller and put it up, do that with the hole hair ...you can get those rolling curl at sally beaty supply, but don't get the smooth one ok, that don't hold your hair every good...hope it work for you..

No comments:

Post a Comment