Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is the best way to curl hair?

I have very thick, long and naturally wavy hair that is usually really frizzy. In the past the way I've curled my hair is I will straighten it with my CHI straightener, and then curl it with my straightener. Unfortunately, very quickly it will loose the curls since it was very straight prior to curling.








What do you think would be the best way for me to curl my hair? I like big curls and with the straightener they are usually pretty small.





http://www.hairzingers.com/black-curly-hair-styles.jpg





Keep in mind please that I have a LOT of hair. Enough for two heads. It's a lot, thick, and very long. It usually takes me about 2 hours to straighten it. With another 1 1/2 to 2 hours to curl it.








Would I be better off getting a curling iron? Or rollers? Or setters?





Please let me know your opinion, product name and how I would use it.





Would I have to straighten my hair first? Wet hair? Etc. Any information will be greatly appreciated.








Price isn't really an issue.





Thanks ahead for your answers.








Oh and I live in England so it must be either bi-voltage or 220V.What is the best way to curl hair?
Aw, i know what you mean. I have really thick hair too ):


I normally use my straightener to curl my hair and turn the straightener faster for looser curls then use hairspray after to hold the curls.


The second best way to curl your hair would be to use a 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch barrel iron and also use a good holding hairspray like big sexy curls or something because without it, your curls will become looser as the day progresses. Once you get out of the shower, put some volumizing mousse into your hair. You should try curling your hair without straightening it, maybe that will work better ?What is the best way to curl hair?
Okay i have the same kind of hair.





I say you should go out and buy yourself a Conair curling iron





It should be a decent size 1inch - 1 1/2 inches.





Separate you hair and clip the different layers up.





Start from the bottom layer.





Your hair should be blow dried to the point where its dry





When curling your hair, curl the opposite direction of your face.





For ex: if your using your right hand to curl a small section of hair on the left side of your face your wrist should turn counter clockwise.





That would be curling away from your face





Then after curling all hair one the bottom layer, I suggest spraying some hair spray on it to hold the curls in until you finish all of the layers. I use aussie hair spray, i love it to death and it smells lovely.





pull down the next layer and curl that one the same way.





Continue this process until you make it to the top layer.





Spend the most time on the top layer, it needs to look best.





You wont get it perfect on your first try, your gonna have to practice and you'll get better every time.





I hope I helped (:





Good luck!





Forgot to add, straitening you hair before curling it isnt a good idea. It will confuse the hair, thats probably why the curls tend to fall out when you curl them with your straitener.
lol aw bless, i have allot of hair too. Its very thick and very annoying to handle, when i curl my hair i use GHD Straighteners. They are actually really good to curl with so you might try using them?:) Also don't straighten your hair before curling it as it makes it much harder to handle and probably wont be as curly. This might disgust you but you shouldn't actually wash your hair before curling it either as my older cousin curls mine for me. She says its allot easier for her if i don't wash it and its just simply dry as well. She curls it in sections too as i have so much hair lol but seriously GHD straighteners do work well as i don't really want to spend allot on good curlers. Hope i helped a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment