Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I keep curl in my straight, long hair?

I have long (2 inches past shoulders), thin, straight hair. I've had this hair for 29 years and know it doesn't curl well in humid areas. I've lived in many humid places and it would frequently come out a few hours after curling. I use hot rollers to good success. I wash, dry, then use Redken Spray Starch before I put rollers in, then I spray the whole head with hair spray when rollers are in. I leave them in until they cool (about 10-20 minutes), then spray again with hair spray when I take it out. Problem is...I just moved to CO (which is way LESS humid than any of the other areas I lived in) and it won't curl! I do all the same things I used to do and as soon as I take the curlers out the curl slides out. I use different types of rollers and get the same reaction with all. So now, by the time I get to work I just have hair with a bunch of product in it and no curl (gross). Anyone know what it is? Help!!!How can I keep curl in my straight, long hair?
i have the same problem. for me what works is mousse, then roll, fix it and a good hard to hold hair spray. the mousse will dry in your hair, if you spray again and then take it down when it is wet and try to fix it you will just undo what you did. it needs to be dry before you style. then spray like crazy. hope this helpsHow can I keep curl in my straight, long hair?
your hair is probably way to heavy to hold the curl in..I'd suggest getting some layers cut into your hair..this is probably the best way to achieve the style you want..but if you aren't willing to get your hair cut...try taking smaller sections of hair..so it will not be weighed down..


you can also try a wet roller set, with some product and let it dry over night





good luck :)
just put in some hardcore hairspray and try to roll em up, other than that you just want to get a perm on a semi regular basis

No comments:

Post a Comment