Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I get my hair to curl nicely and actually STAY curled?

I have kinda thick, very straight hair. Whenever I curl it with a curler it staightens out within minutes, even if i use tons of hairspray. I also tried using hot rollers. They only curl my hair for about 10 minutes, then it straightens out again. The only way I can get it to stay curly is to put it in rollers (not the hot ones) while it's wet and let it dry overnight, but it's uncomfortable while I'm sleeping. Does anyone have any suggestions or techniques that work for them? Or products that make straight hair curlier? Thanks.How can I get my hair to curl nicely and actually STAY curled?
I have similar hair to yours, and I found that many hot irons and hot rollers available in regular stores simply are hot enough to get our kind of hair to hold a curl. I think the Conair one I had heated only to 360 degrees. Professional tools get hotter, like the Babyliss curling iron I got, which heats to like 460 degrees. You can get this one at Folica.com. The curls that stay longest have been from a GHD styler. It's looks like a straightener but has wider plates, and comes with instructions on how to do waves, curls and more. I am still trying to better at using this, but when someone who knows how to do it uses it, the curls last until your next shampoo! Good luck!How can I get my hair to curl nicely and actually STAY curled?
i have the EXACT problem as you do. ok here is what i do-


1. take a shower and blow dry your hair


2. spray hair with hairspray, i prefer ';aqua net'; available at any drugstore


3. get your curling iron and curl your hair, spritzing with hairspray after every curl


4. after you are finished spray all over your head for maximum hold


i know it seems like a lot of hairspray, but it really isnt. plus, aqua net spray make your locks feel like they dont even have hairspray in it, and it holds very well!


happy curling
Okay, curl your hair like you normally do, (make sure to use heat protection spray!!) and then put in Tresseme curl enhancer. I got it at Fred Meyer for $5! It works sooo well. My hair is the same as yours, it never stays. But this works. When you spray it, it pulls your hair together and gets rid of fly-aways AND it stays all day!





Good luck!
instead of sleeping on your curlers put them in when your hair is wet and take out your blow dryer and dry them with the rollers still in. It takes a while but always works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment