Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I get my hair wavy, with rollers they get too curly?

I have over shoulderlength hair and try to achieve a wavy look. Whenever I use rollers they get way too curly. I have slight natural curls,should I straighten my hair before putting rollers on or use anything else instead of rollers???How do I get my hair wavy, with rollers they get too curly?
I just twist my hair when dry and put it in an alligator clip for an hour.


It gives my natural curls a soft wavy bounce. I touch up with a curling Iron, by taking big chunks and rolling them slightly, and then I use a large toothed comb and tossle it with my fingers.





It gives it a nice volume without curliness and it moves when I walk.





Rollers take too long and it's always a pain to do without using products in the hair that can weigh it down.





I find my way easy and effective to bring out the natural curls without the curly-Q look.How do I get my hair wavy, with rollers they get too curly?
Large rollers should give you a wavy look.
I always put some mousse on mine while it is wet and then braid it in several braids. The downfall is that it takes so long before it dries, but if you plan it far enough ahead of time it works well for a special event or date, just not for every day.
BIG curlers
The best thing to use is John Frieda's Ocean Waves, it's a spray that will give your hair incredible waves. You can order it at www.johnfrieda.com or find it or something similiar in any store. Just look for ';Beach waves'; products.
After you have washed you hair massage it hard, to make it waveeee.....like one model does in advertisement
Large rollers will give it a less curley look. But they leave a parted crease where the curler was. I have the same problem and I use a curling ';brush';, not iron. It's like a curling iron except it has large bristles instead of a smooth barrel. After drying my hair I use the curling brush in the same pattern as you would apply the curlers. I only leave it on each curl a minute or so, and when I brush it out it is more wave than curl. Plus for me it doesn't leave the crease where the curler was.
try using larger rollers or:


if you have a curling iron wrap 2 inch sections AROUND the barrell of the hot iron.


put the iron close to the scalp and wrap the hair around the hot iron. no need to open the curling iron and turning it and turning it and turning it (and killin your arms and shoulders and wrists in the process).
  • credit report
  • cool myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment